Delfini Beach Hotel
Open: April to December...Build on the beach. It boasts panoramic views of the venetian castle 'Fortezza'.It provides a wonderful private beach so you can soak up the sun and enjoy the sea, while sipping on your preferred cool beverage.
Built in 1886, right on the beach, the hotel was initially the summer residence for the Rethymno Turkish lord, Alpan Passah. During early 20th century, it was converted into a Girls' School, while after the war it was turned into a Sardine Factory, since it was located right on the seashore. Finally, in 1985 and after several years of abandonment, it became the Delfini Beach Hotel.
Pets Partially Allowed
Cafeteria / Snack Bar
Beach in the Proximity
Bicycle for Rent
Delfini Beach hotel is located at a distance of 1 km from the center of Rethymno Town, on Crete island.
Rethymno Town is built on the north coast of Crete island, between the neighbouring prefectures of Hania and Heraklio. It is an old town, baring a long history of arts, which is made evident through its many historical monuments.
Rethymno saw its first settlers during the last period of the Minoan Era, while during the 4th and 5th ceturies BC came the first fall.
The town owes its existence to its small natural harbor, which was developed by the Venetians and has remained the same ever since. The pirate raids during the 16th century forced the locals to build the Fortezza fortress, where later in 1646, the guards of the city along with some inhabitants negotiated the surrender of Rethymno.
In 1941, the prefecture of Rethymno was one of the three fronts where the German forces attacked. When the conquerors left, the town was in a very bad state. But as the years went by, it got back to its original style.
- 12 spacious maisonettes
- Large balconies and verandas
- Sea view
- Panoramic view of the venetiancastle "Fortezza", and the Rethymno Port.
- TV set
- Fridge / Mini-bar
- Phone with outside line
- Hair dryer
- Safe box
- Sound proofing
- Swimming Pool Jacuzzi
- RestaurantBar (interior)
- Tavern (exterior)
- Reception: available for 12 hours during the day
- Safe boxes
- Currency Conversion: 24hr operation
- Fax Service (in a separate area)
- Computer use and Internet access: you can check your e-mail daily.
- Mail Service.
- Car, Bike and Motorcycle Rental: we will arrange for the delivery/collection of your preferred vehicle at the hotel or any other
- location on Crete island.
- Excursions: information and ticketing for excursions around Crete, as well as on Santorini island.
- On our private beach you can quietly enjoy the sun and the sea, while having a cool drink.
RESTAURANT – BAR
A unique restaurant - bar focusing on high cuisine and offering an exceptional wine cellar. Here, you can taste delicious meals of traditional Cretan flavors, as well as international dishes, while relishing the warmth of the surrounding setting.
At the tavern, which is located on the beach and operates only during the summer season, you can enjoy fresh fish, refreshing salads and delicious Cretan flavors.
Let the tastes of the sea fill your mouth and the colors of the sunset capture your eyes.